Recipe by kiwidutch
Posted for RecipeZaar World Tour 2006, this is a recipe adapted from the small community cookbook from Dixon House on the West Coast, South Island of New Zealand, now sadly out of print. Serving size and prep time is unknown, so I guessed. REGION: New Zealand.
Top Review by Kitchen__Princess
I made these the other night and we thought they were pretty good. I used some canned pineapple as I didn't have any fresh, I may chop it a little smaller next time and add a little more. I also used regular white onions instead spring onions. I browned them in a pan and then popped them in the oven for a few minutes just to be sure they were done. I will definitely make these again as we have several packages of sausage meat in the freezer and I never know what to do with it. This definitely made more than 4 servings - more like 6 - 8.
- 15 ounces sausage meat, minced (450g)
- 2 spring onions
- 11 ounces minced meat (ground beef , 300g)
- 8 ounces fresh pineapple (225g)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon sage (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (finely chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat Grill (Broiler).
- Finely dice the spring onions. Add them to a bowl with sausage meat, ground beef, pineapple, salt, thyme and sage, mixing well.
- Shape into patties approximately 6 cm in size (2.5 inch).
- Mix together the flour and finely chopped parsley on a plate and coat each patty.
- Grill for about 4 minutes until golden. Lower the heat and cook for a further 6-8 minutes.