Recipe by Anita Harris
GOOD! GOOD! GOOD! I serve the gravy over mashed potatoes with a side salad and hot rolls. Not sure of prep and cook times.
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I made this on 12/16/11 for the " Let's P-A-R-T-Y 2011 " Event,and most importantly mine and my SO's dinner. Except for leaving out the mushrooms, the recipe was made exactly as it was written.I've never made Salisbury Steak before without using canned soups or onion soup mix,and this just might be my go to recipe from now on. " This is what " Comfort Food " is all about.Thank you for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 1 can beef broth
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together first 5 ingredients and shape into 4 oval patties about 3/4" thick.
- Cook patties in skillet until brown on both sides; drain.
- Add onion slices, broth and mushrooms.
- Heat to boil then reduce to low and simmer about 15 minutes or until patties are done.
- Remove patties to plate and keep warm.
- Heat onion mixture to a boil.
- Mix together water and cornstarch.
- Stir into onion mixture in skillet and boil 1 minute, stirring.
- Serve over patties.