Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love rhubarb and am always looking for another way to turn it into something delicious. This recipe has more crumb mixture than most and that is one of the things I loved about it!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 8 cups rhubarb, diced
- 2 cups white sugar
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 drops red food coloring
- Mix together flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter.
- Place half of the crumb mixture in a greased 9x13 baking dish or cake pan.
- Cover this with the diced rhubarb.
- In a saucepan, combine white sugar, cornstarch, water, vanilla and food coloring.
- Cook until mixture is thick and clear, then spoon over the rhubarb.
- Top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- We think it is best served hot/warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.