1/1 Photo of Tasty Ramen Broccoli Cole Slaw
A really nice blend of crisp broccoli, nuts and a tangy sweet dressing! Friends and I have differing opinions on this one.....I like it best when it's first made and the noodles are crunchy, some seem to like it best after a day or two in the fridge when they are softer....it's really good either way!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces broccoli florets (chopped small-med size)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag broccoli coleslaw mix (bagged in produce section of grocery store)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (kernels)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles (any flavor, I use the 'oriental' flavor, reserve 1 seasoning packet for dressing)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil (I use Canola)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped (to garnish)
- 1Heat butter and olive oil in large saute pan.
- 2Crush Ramen Noodles and add to pan along with almonds.
- 3Saute for approx 5-7 minutes or until noodles and almonds are lightly browned. Set aside.
- 4In very large salad bowl, combine broccoli, broccoli slaw and sunflowers.
- 5Add toasted noodle/almond mixture and toss.
- 6Make dressing by whisking together in a small bowl: vegetable oil, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar and the Ramen noodle seasoning packet.
- 7Pour dressing over salad and toss.
- 8Top with chopped green onions.
- 9Serve immediately for crisp noodle slaw, or refrigerate for one day for softer noodle slaw.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tasty Ramen Broccoli Cole Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.1
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 9.1 mg
- Sodium 235.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
broccoli coleslaw mix