A really nice blend of crisp broccoli, nuts and a tangy sweet dressing! Friends and I have differing opinions on this one.....I like it best when it's first made and the noodles are crunchy, some seem to like it best after a day or two in the fridge when they are softer....it's really good either way!
- 12 ounces broccoli florets (chopped small-med size)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag broccoli coleslaw mix (bagged in produce section of grocery store)
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds (kernels)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles (any flavor, I use the 'oriental' flavor, reserve 1 seasoning packet for dressing)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil (I use Canola)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped (to garnish)
- Heat butter and olive oil in large saute pan.
- Crush Ramen Noodles and add to pan along with almonds.
- Saute for approx 5-7 minutes or until noodles and almonds are lightly browned. Set aside.
- In very large salad bowl, combine broccoli, broccoli slaw and sunflowers.
- Add toasted noodle/almond mixture and toss.
- Make dressing by whisking together in a small bowl: vegetable oil, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar and the Ramen noodle seasoning packet.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss.
- Top with chopped green onions.
- Serve immediately for crisp noodle slaw, or refrigerate for one day for softer noodle slaw.