Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Got this from a Cabot cheese pamphlet.
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 ounces canned hot red chili peppers, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 4 ounces light cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- In small bowl, slightly mash beans with fork.
- Stir in peppers, green onions, red onions, lime juice, cilantro and garlic. Set aside.
- Lightly coat large skillet with nonstick cooking spray; add 1 tortilla and cook until softened, about 15 seconds.
- Turn tortilla over and spread 1/4 of bean mixture over half of tortilla.
- Top with 1/4 of cheese.
- Press uncovered half of tortilla over filling and cook, turning as needed, until cheese is melted.
- Place in oven to keep warm while making remaining quesadilla.
- To serve, cut each into four wedges.