Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a really tasty pumpkin soup that I put together the other day for my sister who loves pumpkin. It's pretty easy to make with great flavours that even my 8 year old son (who doesn't like pumpkin) enjoyed. My sister ate 3 big bowls and she's a small eater so it must be good. The only problem I'm going to have now is her requesting I make it for her all the time as she doesn't cook.
- 3 kg butternut pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 1 1⁄2 liters vegetable stock (which I had on hand)
- 60 g butter
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 large brown onion, minced
- 250 ml cream
- Melt butter, Add onion and curry powder and fry for 2 minutes to cook curry.
- Add pumpkin to onion mix and stir till coated thoroughly with onion mix. Cook stirring every few minutes for 15 minutes.
- Add stock to pumpkin and bring to boil then simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Puree soup in blender. Once all the soup is blended return to pot add cream and seasonings to taste and stir.