Recipe by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
Another recipe from my special friend Joe Combs -- easily made with ingredients usually in my cupboard -- very grandkid friendly! Note options -- For extra texture and color, add one drained 11 ounce can of Mexicorn (whole kernel corn and peppers) and one additional beaten egg -- may need to extend baking time an extra 5-8 minutes.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, drained (optional, see description note)
- 14 1⁄2 ounces milk (use creamed corn can as measure)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 -4 eggs, beaten (see description note)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 degrees for glass or pyrex).
- Mix butter, flour, sugar, salt, pepper, eggs, corn, and milk.
- Pour into a 1 1/2 quart casserole that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 325-350 degrees for about one hour and 20-30 minutes, until set and golden, but not overly brown.