Recipe by Chef Decadent1
For potato lovers only! Topped with crispy bacon and yummy melted cheese these potatoes are a great addition to any meal. Check out the preparation technique that is what makes these so fun to prepare...and did I mention easy. These are a tasty treat...try them for dinner tonight...compliments of Kraft.
Top Review by Chef Steelerfanatics girl
I made these the other weekend for my boyfriend for dinner. They were awesome. I only made 3 potatoes and used a little more of the zesty italian dressing...but they were wonderful. I think I may actually make these tonight for him for dinner.
- 8 small new potatoes (about 1 1/2 inches in diameter)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons Kraft sun-dried tomato salad dressing, with oregano
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes and water in a 2 litre microwaveable dish. Microwave uncovered on high for ten minutes or until potatoes are tender. Let stand 5 minutes. Meanwhile cook bacon in a skillet over med-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp turning frequently. Once cooked remove to drain on paper towels.
- Drain potatoes and place on work surface.Press each potato with a plate or saucer to flatten to a width of approximately 1/2 inch.
- Heat dressing in a skillet over med heat. Add potatoes and cook approximately 4 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Meanwhile crumble bacon.Turn potatoes over and sprinkle with cheese( I used a shredded cheddar and mozzarella combination) & then top with bacon. Cover skillet with lid and cook an additional 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- *if you prefer you could also add a small amount of chopped green onion or chives. You can also serve along with sour cream or my favorite -- ranch dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!