Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made some changes to this recipe I found on the 'net, making it easier to prepare, without losing any of the taste. Minced Onion and garlic are sauteed in olive oil, then the peas are simmer in chicken broth. I expected the kids to groan, but they liked it.
- 4 cups thawed peas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock
- In a skillet over med. heat, saute the garlic and onion in the olive oil.
- Mix the water and chicken stock, then add to the skillet.
- Stir in the peas and simmer until tender.
- Season with pepper as desired.
Loved this simple way to jazz up peas, even little miss DD ate hers up, will make this often, thanks!
A good recipe to enhance the flavor of peas. I used regular onion (1/8 of a cup or so) but think that I added to much and will cut down the amount that I use next time.
I chose to make this dish for the Chef Dee's Cook-A-Thon. We loved the flavors in this recipe. A great recipe to try and very easy to make. I chose to put this recipe with Recipe #156204