Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Makes a quick, easy and tasty one-pan meal, start to finish is about 30 minutes-- perfect comfort food for busy weeknights! Surprisingly good. Adapted from recipe found on the box of au gratin potatoes.
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef (or leftover beef tips)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) package au gratin potatoes
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked vegetables, of your choice (optional-, mixed veggies or green beans are good!)
- Brown meat in 10-inch skillet; drain off excess fat.
- Add potato slices and cheese sauce mix.
- Stir in cream of mushroom soup and boiling water.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until slices are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the veggies and serve. Makes 6 to 8 (1/2 cup) servings.
This was a great standby on a weeknight. It really does remind you of the Hamburger Helper one. I made ours with out the vegetables in it because we like ours on the side. Added a dollop of sour cream on each serving. I like the fact that I usually have everything on hand, and it can save me a trip to the store on those nights where I just can't get my brain together to figure out what to fix for supper! Thank you so much for the simple recipe!