Recipe by Impera_Magna
This is NOT boring oatmeal! I've hooked many a "I don't care for oatmeal" folks w/ this one! Other than the basics (water, oats, & salt), the ingredients are optional and may be varied to suit individual tastes.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1 dash salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- cinnamon (I must use a teaspoon)
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup dried cherries (see Notes below)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients in microwave safe dish/pot. Nuke 2 mins 20 sec. Stir. If still "water-y," nuke 10-15 seconds.
- ***Note #1: I often use whatever fresh fruit I have on hand -- chopped apples, cut up bananas, fresh peaches, etc.
- ***Note #2: I also like to use dried fruit such as raisins, cherries, blueberries, etc. When using dried fruit, I like to nuke the fruit in enough water to cover for appx 2 mins, depending on the size of the fruit and it's estimated moisture content.
- ***Note #3: After nuking dried fruit, do not drain if there is any water left. Add the other ingredients to the pot and go from there.
- ***Note #4: Other than the water and oats, I don't actually measure the other stuff, just adding a handful of this and some of that.