Recipe by flume027
I like to use this recipe and serve it with mashed potatoes and corn. The stuffing mix gives it a great flavor!
Top Review by Cheri Lee
Very good! My family loved it! Since we're not big on tomato sauce, I used brown gravy instead and it was yummy! I also lined the loaf pan with cooked bacon so when it was done and inverted onto a plate, it looked even more scrumptious!
- 2 lbs ground round or 2 lbs plain old ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) package seasoned stuffing mix (I use Stove Top Traditional Sage)
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet onion (optional)
- 1 cup tomato sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar (optional)
- 2 slices bacon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine everything but the bacon and tomato sauce (include the optional ingredients you choose to use) and mix thoroughly.
- Place in loaf pan and cover with strips of bacon if desired.
- Pour tomato sauce over all Bake at 1 hour.