1 hr 15 mins
I 'grew' this recipe. Started out as quick and easy, then started adding the veggies to make it lighter. I rarely make it the same twice. This recipe is very, very flexible. Please adjust and experiment.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground round or 2 lbs sirloin
- 1 box seasoned stuffing mix (I prefer the Stovetop sourdough one)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 tart apple
- 1/2 cup minced parsley (optional)
- 1/2 minced onion, sauted in (optional)
- 1 tablespoon oil (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (optional)
- 1Prepare stuffing mix by emptying crumbs and seasonings into very large bowl.
- 2Add warm water according to package directions.
- 3Let sit a few minutes until crumbs absorb water.
- 4Add meat and mix with hands or large utensil until well mixed.
- 5Add eggs, sauted onion and parsley.
- 6Grate the zucchini, carrot and apple into mix.
- 7I don't peel them and I use a very large grater.
- 8Mix well, keep it light.
- 9Shape into 3 loaves in 9x13 pyrex or other baking pan.
- 10Top with tomato sauce or nothing.
- 11Bake at 350 for approximately 45 minutes.
- 12You will have to test for doneness and adjust time.
- 13This makes Wonderful sandwiches and freezes well.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tasty Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (2201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1097.3
- Calories from Fat 595
- Total Fat 66.1 g
- Saturated Fat 24.7 g
- Cholesterol 356.2 mg
- Sodium 1191.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 64.4 g