Recipe by Tander
I 'grew' this recipe. Started out as quick and easy, then started adding the veggies to make it lighter. I rarely make it the same twice. This recipe is very, very flexible. Please adjust and experiment.
- 2 lbs ground round or 2 lbs sirloin
- 1 box seasoned stuffing mix (I prefer the Stovetop sourdough one)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 tart apple
- 1⁄2 cup minced parsley (optional)
- 1⁄2 minced onion, sauted in (optional)
- 1 tablespoon oil (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare stuffing mix by emptying crumbs and seasonings into very large bowl.
- Add warm water according to package directions.
- Let sit a few minutes until crumbs absorb water.
- Add meat and mix with hands or large utensil until well mixed.
- Add eggs, sauted onion and parsley.
- Grate the zucchini, carrot and apple into mix.
- I don't peel them and I use a very large grater.
- Mix well, keep it light.
- Shape into 3 loaves in 9x13 pyrex or other baking pan.
- Top with tomato sauce or nothing.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 45 minutes.
- You will have to test for doneness and adjust time.
- This makes Wonderful sandwiches and freezes well.