Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 35 mins
Best meatloaf ever. Lots of flavor and not mushy. Great warmed up on French garlic bread with Swiss cheese for sandwiches the next day.
- 2 lbs 80% lean ground beef, 80/20
- 1 lb sage sausage
- 2 1⁄4 ounces Lipton Beef and Onion Soup mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Mix together first seven ingredients until well combined.
- Form into a loaf and bake for one hour covered.
- While baking, mix together one cup ketchup and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Top meat loaf and cook additional 20 minutes uncovered.
- Take out and let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or fried potatoes and a veggie.
This meatloaf was very delicious. It was very easy to make but I would not use 1 cup ketchup for the topping. It was way too much. I was very impressed with the texture also. I cut this is very thin slices. it held together very well and did not crumble. It was wonderful the next day as a leftover for sandwiches.