Recipe by QueenJellyBean
These have a wonderful flavor and are yummy as an appetizer or potluck dish!
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons mustard-mayonnaise blend (dijon style)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Place pineapple and 2 tablespoons juice in a bowl, reserving the remaining juice for glaze.
- Add the egg, bread crumbs and pepper to pineapple; mix well.
- Add sausage and beef; mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place in a greased baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
- In a large skillet, combine glaze ingredients and reserved pineapple juice. Add meatballs.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer and stir for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.