1/2 Photos of Tasty Meat Sauce for Lasagna
3 hrs 30 mins
Looking to use up some stuff in my freezer, I came up with this recipe with things I had on hand. It is really tasty and made a great lasagna! There aren't many ingredients, so it's simple to make. You will need a larger pot for this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb Italian sausage (any variety, casings removed)
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomatoes (I used one crushed and one puree)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (I use Red Pack)
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup beef or 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup white zinfandel wine or 1/3 cup blush wine
- salt and pepper
- 1Remove sausage from casings.
- 2In a large pot, brown sausage and ground beef.
- 3Remove meat from pot and set aside.
- 4Remove excess grease (reserving some to saute veggies) from the pot and add carrot, onion and garlic.
- 5Cook until soft and onion is transparent.
- 6Add meat back into the pot, stirring mixture for about two minutes.
- 7Add wine and cook until liquid evaporates.
- 8Add tomatoes and tomato sauce to meat and veggie mixture.
- 9Bring sauce to quick boil.
- 10Simmer on low for at least 3 hours.
- 11If sauce beomes too thick for your taste, thin it with the broth.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tasty Meat Sauce for Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (462 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 804.4
- Calories from Fat 544
- Total Fat 60.5 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 131.2 mg
- Sodium 1747.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 39.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white zinfandel wine