Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mom's recipe, not really mashed, but made with a rotary mixer on slow speed.
- 4 -6 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half
- Boil potatoes in salted water until fork tender. Drain well.
- While potatoes are draining, heat half and half, butter, salt and pepper to almost boiling.
- Add potatoes to hot milk mixture, and with a rotary mixer, whip on low speed until lumps are just gone.
- Do not over whip, as potatoes will become creamy. It is better to under mix a little.
This is how my mom usually makes her potatoes. Yummy