Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Just give this soup a try, it's easy and full of taste. Chef karen in tbay gave me this recipe years ago, and I make it quite often. Nice for a cold evening.
- Heat oil in soup pot.
- Saute potatoes, onion, garlic, celery seasoned with salt and pepper for 5-10 minutes.
- Add stock, tomatoes and basil.
- Bring to a boil, add clams.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings and serve.
Thanks for reminding me about a great soup - will make it very soon because there has been some cans of clams sitting in the cupboard for a long while. It is very tasty.
We really enjoyed this soup,it's good. I make a pot of soup every week,and this will be one of them. I did use a can of tomatoes,and 2 cans minced clams,with the juice.and some pepper flakes.thanks, Chill