Recipe by Brittta
This is a low fat banana bread recipe. It replaces most of the oil with applesauce. This is very moist and tasty. There's no sacrificing taste with this recipe! Enjoy! *** I have had great luck substituting with wheat flour. If you prefer it to stay a little less dense than wheat, then split it with one cup of each.
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 bananas, over ripe
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk (or powdered equivalent)
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- brown sugar, and cinnamon to top
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix oil, apple sauce and sugar with mixer.
- Mash bananas then mix with above.
- Add eggs, then mix.
- Add vanilla, baking soda, flour and salt, mixing by hand.
- Stir in buttermilk and chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased loaf pans.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon powder together and crumble on top just before putting it into the oven.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until it tests done with a toothpick.