Recipe by ellie_
A delicious alternative to pasta/rice salads. Recipe source: local newspaper which adapted the recipe from 500 Low-Carb Recipes.
Top Review by Claudia Dawn
Very good! It tastes like a BTL without the bread. Even though the lettuce is optional, I recommend using it. In fact, next time, I'm going to try wrapping this inside a lettuce leaf and eating like a wrap. Thanks, Ellie, for another winner.
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 10 -12 scallions, sliced (including all of the crisp part of the green top)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- lettuce, optional
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a food processor shred the cauliflower and then place the shredded cauliflower in a microwave casserole dish. Add two tablespoons of water, cover with lid or plastic wrap and cook in the microwave on high for 5 minutes. Remove, uncover and set aside.
- Chop tomatoes and scallions and place in a large bowl.
- Add the cauliflower and bacon and toss.
- Add the maynaisse and the salt and pepper and toss.
- To serve line plates or a large salad bowl with lettuce leaves (if using) and place salad on top.