Recipe by marisk
This is one of my diabetes group recipes. I was a bit skeptical at first but boy was I surprised at the flavors in it. It looks a fit funky but just try it once and you'll be hooked! It's very low in carbs but the salt is high ... just drain most of the liquid in the lomi salmon. I wouldn't completely drain it because a lot of the flavor is in the juice. I would advise making this with a pair of powder-free gloves.
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour lomi salmon in large bowl (large for ease of mixing).
- Pour out liquid from tofu packaging. Break into six pieces, then squeeze most of the liquid out of each piece. Add to bowl of lomi salmon as you finish with each piece. Don't worry about the pieces breaking up.
- When done draining the tofu (hope you have your gloves on), squish the tofu into the lomi salmon. It's a mess but fun : ).
- This dip is great with veggies and sometimes chips. I enjoy it with Milton's Gluten Free Crispy Sea Salt Baked Crackers. Enjoy!
- I just tried it with some Cilantro -- it's even better.