Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this one in the new "Taste of Home" cookbook. It was originally submitted by Beth Ann Stein of Richmond, IN.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons paprika, divided
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenderloins
- In a small saucepan, saute onion and 1/8 tsp paprika in 1 tsp oil until tender.
- Stir in the water, tomato paste, bay leaf, bouillon and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, oregano and remaining paprika.
- Add chicken; seal bag and shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook half of the chicken in 1 tsp oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Remove and keep warm; repeat with remaining chicken and oil.
- Remove bay leaf from sauce and serve with chicken.