PSU Lioness's Note:
I found this one in the new "Taste of Home" cookbook. It was originally submitted by Beth Ann Stein of Richmond, IN.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/8 teaspoons paprika, divided
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granule
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken tenderloins
- 1In a small saucepan, saute onion and 1/8 tsp paprika in 1 tsp oil until tender.
- 2Stir in the water, tomato paste, bay leaf, bouillon and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, oregano and remaining paprika.
- 5Add chicken; seal bag and shake to coat.
- 6In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook half of the chicken in 1 tsp oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- 7Remove and keep warm; repeat with remaining chicken and oil.
- 8Remove bay leaf from sauce and serve with chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tasty Italian Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.5
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 66.2 mg
- Sodium 405.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 27.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: