1/7 Photos of Tasty Italian Beef and Pasta
A delightful Italian dish, full of flavor with a delicious meat sauce over a layer of shell pasta, makes you want to back for another helping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 226.79 g small shell pasta
- 14.79 ml cooking oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 9.85 ml of madras curry paste (level)
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 425.24 g can tomatoes
- 59.14 ml water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 9.85 ml tomato paste
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 85.04 g grated cheddar cheese
- 44.37 ml grated cheese (a mix of Mozzarella and Cheddar is good)
- 1Cook the pasta until nearly soft. Put in the base of a casserole dish after they have drained well.
- 2Heat oil in a medium saucepan; add the onions, garlic and the curry paste. Stir for a minute or so, and then add the ground beef.
- 3Stir until meat is seared, remove from heat.
- 4Put the can of tomatoes with the juice into blender and blend just for a few seconds. Add tomatoes, water, stock cubes, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, salt and pepper, stir well.
- 5Simmer on low heat for 30 minutes; stir in the grated cheese. Keep stirring until cheese has melted. Thicken with some corn flour if the sauce looks too thin.
- 6Cover the pasta with the meat sauce,add the extra grated cheese over the top and bake in a moderate oven for 30 minutes.
- 7Serve with a salad and crusty bread rolls.
- 8This recipe freezes well and can be heated in the microwave, if preferred.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tasty Italian Beef and Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 619.0
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 103.0 mg
- Sodium 864.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 39.8 g