Recipe by JoyfulCook
A delightful Italian dish, full of flavor with a delicious meat sauce over a layer of shell pasta, makes you want to back for another helping.
Top Review by FrenchBunny
This was fantastic. Very easy to put together. The curry paste added a surprising flavor. The only thing I changed was the amount of onions. My onion was on the large size so I only added half of it and it was plenty, two would of been way too much. I too just added about a handful of mozzarella cheese on top. Cooked in the oven at 350 for about 25 minutes. Delicious result. Thanks for posting JoyfulCook.
- 8 ounces small shell pasta
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons of madras curry paste (level)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 3 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated cheese (a mix of Mozzarella and Cheddar is good)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta until nearly soft. Put in the base of a casserole dish after they have drained well.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan; add the onions, garlic and the curry paste. Stir for a minute or so, and then add the ground beef.
- Stir until meat is seared, remove from heat.
- Put the can of tomatoes with the juice into blender and blend just for a few seconds. Add tomatoes, water, stock cubes, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, salt and pepper, stir well.
- Simmer on low heat for 30 minutes; stir in the grated cheese. Keep stirring until cheese has melted. Thicken with some corn flour if the sauce looks too thin.
- Cover the pasta with the meat sauce,add the extra grated cheese over the top and bake in a moderate oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve with a salad and crusty bread rolls.
- This recipe freezes well and can be heated in the microwave, if preferred.