Recipe by Mysterygirl
This is another recipe from Diabetic Cooking magazine. A great low fat, low carb version of an old family favorite. 1 serving = 1/2 starch
Top Review by Rita~
I know this is a low fat, low carb recipe. But I couldn`t find sugar free box cake mix. So I used regular cake mix. Being it was an 18.25 ounce size I doubled the rest of the ingredients. I used apricot all-fruit spread.
- 1 (8 ounce) package sugar-free yellow cake mix
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 teaspoons strawberry all-fruit spread (or your favorite all-fruit spread)
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray cookie sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat cake mix, orange juice, orange peel and vanilla with mixer for 2 minutes.
- Increase speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more or until dough is smooth (dough should be very sticky still).
- With oiled hands, roll dough into 1 inch balls and place 2 1/2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Press the center of each ball with thumb and fill with 1/4 tsp of strawberry fruit spread.
- Sprinkle cookies with the chopped pecans.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes or until cookies are lightly golden brown and lose their shininess.
- Be sure that you don't overbake these cookies or they will be dry.
- Remove from oven and place on wire racks to cool completely.