Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is very good, I made it for my friends once for lunch and they loved it so much they wanted the recipe! I got the original recipe from foodnetwork.com, but I changed a few things.
- 3 bagels, sliced into 5 to 7 thin slices
- 3 -5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon basil
Cream cheese Dip
- 6 ounces packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat toaster oven or a conventional oven to 350°F.
- Cut each thin bagel slice into 4 pieces.
- Lay out all of the pieces on a plate.
- Next, Mix the red pepper, black pepper, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, and basil with the melted butter.
- Pour butter mixture over bagel pieces, try to get each piece to have the butter mix on it.
- After that you can add a dash of salt if you like.
- Transfer Bagel pieces to ungreased cookie sheet, and bake for 5 minutes, then flip over bagel chips and bake another 5 minutes or until crispy.
- To make the dip, take cream cheese and mix in the lemon juice, paprika, and black pepper.