Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I wanted something quick for dinner with a taste of curry. I found this on another site and adapted it... Originally posted by Betty.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (or your own)
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (I use 1/2 tsp. hot chili powder, 1/2 regular)
- 1 dash dry mustard
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (I use 1/2 tsp._)
- Cook beef, celery and onion in skillet. Drain off fat.
- Add soups, spices.
- Heat to bubbly. Serve over rice.
I like the ingredients in this curry but tripled the curry powder. I let it simmer for over an hour to get it to the consistency that I like When I serve curry it ends up looking a bit like a Sundae. I use fresh apples, tomatoes, chopped onions & bananas. Usually I have a chappati or two and chutney Mmmmm great dinner Thanks for posting Out of the Blue