3 hrs 45 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
Vegan Courtney's Note:
From a whole foods flyer. These are easy and fun to grill up. Even our non vegan friends like them. The sweet and spicy mustard is definitely the key. These are good as a main dish or an appetizer.
My Private Note
tofu st ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the tofu in 3 equal sections lengthwise, and then cut each slice in half to make six tofu sticks.
- 2Remove excess moisture from each tofu stick by wrapping in a towel or paper towel and squeezing the tofu juice out.
- 3Using a knife or brush, spread mustard onto each side of each stick.
- 4Place the sticks in a large enough container to lay them in one layer.
- 5Let them marinate in the fridge for as little as three hours or as long as overnight.
- 6After marinating tofu, remove from refrigerator.
- 7Place seasoned breadcrumbs on a plate, add chili pepper and mix together with a fork.
- 8Place each tofu stick on a skewer or use a fork to coat each side with the breadcrumb mix.
- 9Mist each side of each stick with olive oil.
- 10Cook on the grill until browned and crispy, or cook in the oven at 375 on a greased baking sheet for 10 minutes or until brown and crispy.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tasty Grilled Tofu on a Stick
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.9
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 836.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 16.8 g