Recipe by madcowjen
This is a fantastic Greek dish. I love Greek food and I am very impressed with this dish I found on the Internet. It is very easy to prepare and cook.
- 225 g ground lamb
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 pita breads
- 4 ounces Greek yogurt
- 1 chopped cucumber
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon of chopped onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly oil a heavy based frying pan.
- Mix together the onion and garlic and fry gently until soft.
- Put the minced lamb in a mixing bowl, add the onion mixture together with the oregano, cumin and lemon juice then mix thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture into two half and shape into patties.
- Cook the patties under a pre-heated grill for about 8-10 minutes or until the meat is cooked.
- Carve the patties into thin slices and serve in pitta bread with the cucumber sauce. You can add salad, onions and tomatoes.
- Peel and de-seed the cucumber. Chop the cucumber.
- Chop the onion, add the sugar and crushed garlic.
- Mix all ingredients together.