A friend of mine recently found out she is allergic to just about everything that is good in the world. So this is my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe modified into something that will not kill her!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sorghum flour
- 7 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons millet
- 1⁄4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream the butter and both sugars together.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl whisk together all dry ingredients - from sorghum flour through baking soda.
- Slowly add in the dry mix to the rest.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop cookies onto lined or non stick baking sheet - heavy spoonfuls of dough a couple inches apart to allow for spread.
- Bake for approx 16-18 minutes until a deep tan (they don't quite turn golden brown like wheat based cookies do).