Recipe by Pietro
This is a great low fat fruit loaf with no added sugar. It is very moist and cuts like a dream. Great for the lunch box.
- 150 g dried apricots
- 10 large pitted prunes, cut in half
- 5 dried pear halves, cut into 4
- 5 dried peaches, cut in half
- 2 cups water
- 2 small ripe bananas
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon of grated orange rind
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all of the dried fruit in a pot with the water.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cover and cool.
- Remove 10 of the apricot halves and blend to a puree with the cooking liquid and the bananas.
- Place in a mixing bowl with the rest of the ingredients and lightly mix.
- Line the bottom of a greased loaf tin with baking paper.
- Pour mixture into tin.
- Bake at 180 degrees celsius for approximately 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for about 10 minutes.
- Turn loaf onto a cake rack to cool.