1/1 Photo of Tasty Frozen Collard Greens
Was looking for a low fat and healthy way to fix Collard greens that DH would eat as all the low fat version we had tried always left him saying its ok although a bit too spice. This recipe has a very slight sweet under tone which I believe comes from the sweet onion and the Sriracha chili sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 lb frozen chopped collard greens
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 chicken or 1 vegetables, flavor boost
- 1 tablespoon sriracha chili sauce (more or less to taste, found a tablespoon keeps everyone happy and those who want more can)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1In a large pot over medium heat oil and butter, sauté the onions and garlic until softened, but not browned just about 2 minutes.
- 2Add frozen chopped collard greens, water, flavor boost and Sriracha chili sauce. Cover and simmer 6-8 minutes until greens are tender.
- 3Serve piping hot with addtional Sriracha chili sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Collard Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tasty Frozen Collard Greens
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.6
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 92.6 mg
- Sodium 181.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 23.8 g