Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is something I came up with one day when I was feeling adventurous. You fry the pork in the oil first, then add lemon juice, a little water and spices and pressure cook for 30 minutes. You end up with yummy flavoursome pork. Try it!
- 500 g pork (cut into cubes)
- 1 lemon (freshly squeezed)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 dash garlic powder (or 1 small clove minced)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin (or more to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika (or more to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup corn oil (or other light vegetable oil)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Heat oil in pressure cooker.
- Saute chopped onion with a dash of garlic powder or crushed clove.
- Add meat and saute briefly until it browns slightly.
- Add spices, lemon juice and water and cover pressure cooker.
- Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes depending on your cooker. (Mine takes 40 minutes, my MIL's 20 minutes. Be careful not to burn!
- You should end up with tender pork and a little juice left. Serve with rice and a green salad.
Other than using vegetable oil in this, made recipe exactly as posted. Very flavorful, and tender as well as the seasonings. Granted I hardly get the pressure cooker out, this was well worth it. Especially loved the lemon addition to this. Real easy to prepare and make. Made for Recipe Swap #50.