Perfectionist cook's Note:
This is something I came up with one day when I was feeling adventurous. You fry the pork in the oil first, then add lemon juice, a little water and spices and pressure cook for 30 minutes. You end up with yummy flavoursome pork. Try it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g pork (cut into cubes)
- 1 lemon (freshly squeezed)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 dash garlic powder (or 1 small clove minced)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (or more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (or more to taste)
- 1/3 cup corn oil (or other light vegetable oil)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1Heat oil in pressure cooker.
- 2Saute chopped onion with a dash of garlic powder or crushed clove.
- 3Add meat and saute briefly until it browns slightly.
- 4Add spices, lemon juice and water and cover pressure cooker.
- 5Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes depending on your cooker. (Mine takes 40 minutes, my MIL's 20 minutes. Be careful not to burn!
- 6You should end up with tender pork and a little juice left. Serve with rice and a green salad.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tasty Fried Pork
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 934.0
- Calories from Fat 581
- Total Fat 64.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 210.0 mg
- Sodium 1555.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 75.1 g