Recipe by joanna_giselle
This is something I came up with one day when I was feeling adventurous. You fry the pork in the oil first, then add lemon juice, a little water and spices and pressure cook for 30 minutes. You end up with yummy flavoursome pork. Try it!
Top Review by weekend cooker
Other than using vegetable oil in this, made recipe exactly as posted. Very flavorful, and tender as well as the seasonings. Granted I hardly get the pressure cooker out, this was well worth it. Especially loved the lemon addition to this. Real easy to prepare and make. Made for Recipe Swap #50.
- 500 g pork (cut into cubes)
- 1 lemon (freshly squeezed)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 dash garlic powder (or 1 small clove minced)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin (or more to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika (or more to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup corn oil (or other light vegetable oil)
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in pressure cooker.
- Saute chopped onion with a dash of garlic powder or crushed clove.
- Add meat and saute briefly until it browns slightly.
- Add spices, lemon juice and water and cover pressure cooker.
- Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes depending on your cooker. (Mine takes 40 minutes, my MIL's 20 minutes. Be careful not to burn!
- You should end up with tender pork and a little juice left. Serve with rice and a green salad.