Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Makes a great store-cupboard dish. Serve with a crunchy coleslaw or green salad for a complete easy meal.
- Peel and boil the potatoes until cooked.
- Mash with 1st measure of butter and milk, seasoning to taste.
- While potatoes are cooking prepare filling.
- Melt second measure of butter in saucepan and add flour.
- Stir constantly.
- Remove from the heat and slowly add in the milk, stirring all the time.
- Return pan to the heat and keep stirring until sauce boils and thickens.
- Remove from the heat and add in the fish, parsley and eggs.
- Place half the mashed potatoes into a greased 20cm pie dish.
- Pour in the filling and then top with the remaining potato.
- Top with grated cheese if desired.
- Cook in oven for 2o minutes at 190'C or until golden.
We all loved this recipe, I also added some frozen peas and some spring onions. I used 2 185gram tins of tuna. Was yummy! Thanks for posting. =)
This was quick to put together since I did have the ingred. on hand (I only had 3 med. potatoes on hand but they did the trick). I used one egg in the mixture and after the cheese melted, broiled for a few min. till I got a lightly browned top. Served with peas and biscuits on the side. The two teens and husband (two helpings!) are not really tuna fans but ate without complaint. I'd say that means I'll definitely be making again. Thanks Jen T. for another "cozy classic." Roxygirl
My very picky fiancee loved this recipe. She ended up eating at least 2/3 of it and usually she hardly finishes a meal. I halved the recipe and it worked out well. I'm going to try it with cheese this time and possibly a bit of sour cream and chives would help it out as well. It was very easy to make and I would definitely make it again.