Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Filipino favorite afternoon snack (merienda). Its very good!
Make and share this Tasty Filipino Pandesal recipe from Food.com.
- If you have a bread machine, add all ingredients (except the bread crumbs) in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Usually the liquid ingredients then dry ingredients. Select DOUGH cycle. But I suggest to combine lukewarm water and yeast and let it stand for 5 minutes before adding all the ingredients, then follow procedure 5-11.
- To knead the dough manually, Combine lukewarm water and yeast. Stir. Let it stand for 5 minutes. Combine all ingredients except bread crumbs. (liquid ingredients then dry).
- Knead the dough until smooth and elastic.
- Place in a greased bowl. Let it stand in warm place to rise, covered for 1.5-2 hrs or until doubled.
- Punch down the dough and turn out on a lightly floured board.
- Divide dough into 24 equal parts and shape into ovals.
- Roll lightly in bread crumbs.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Cover, let rise in warm place, free from draft, until light and double- about 2-4 hrs to achieve light and fluffy bread. (Tip: I usually make the dough the night before, let it stand, 'till ready to bake it in the morning. So, you'll have fresh bake pan de sal at breakfast with kraft cheese -- yummy).
- Bake at 375 degrees, for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
finally found the best pan de sal recipe! the bread is soft and very tasty. thank you for posting!
Seriously. If i could give this recipe a billion stars i would. They were the best pan de sal's i've ever had. They remind me of the famous valerio's we have here in SD. I've been missing pan de sal since moving to north county and decided to remake these. And boy was i glad i did, i followed the recipe to the tee and used bread flour and regular active yeast. Plus i did the 2nd proof for about 2 1/2 hours in a warm spot in the cookie sheet and they came out incredibly fluffy, soft, moist and melt in your mouth. This is my new go-to pan de sal recipe.
best tasty pandesal i've ever tasted...i couldn't help but eat and eat , my husband loves it with his hot choco in the morning, mine i love it with my coffee...if you want tasty and soft this sure is a winner!!!!