2 hrs 20 mins
Filipino favorite afternoon snack (merienda). Its very good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If you have a bread machine, add all ingredients (except the bread crumbs) in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Usually the liquid ingredients then dry ingredients. Select DOUGH cycle. But I suggest to combine lukewarm water and yeast and let it stand for 5 minutes before adding all the ingredients, then follow procedure 5-11.
- 2To knead the dough manually, Combine lukewarm water and yeast. Stir. Let it stand for 5 minutes. Combine all ingredients except bread crumbs. (liquid ingredients then dry).
- 3Knead the dough until smooth and elastic.
- 4Place in a greased bowl. Let it stand in warm place to rise, covered for 1.5-2 hrs or until doubled.
- 5Punch down the dough and turn out on a lightly floured board.
- 6Divide dough into 24 equal parts and shape into ovals.
- 7Roll lightly in bread crumbs.
- 8Place on greased cookie sheet.
- 9Cover, let rise in warm place, free from draft, until light and double- about 2-4 hrs to achieve light and fluffy bread. (Tip: I usually make the dough the night before, let it stand, 'till ready to bake it in the morning. So, you'll have fresh bake pan de sal at breakfast with kraft cheese -- yummy).
- 10Bake at 375 degrees, for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tasty Filipino Pandesal
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 615.6
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 62.0 mg
- Sodium 415.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 13.1 g