Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from the Enchanted Broccoli Forest.
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 5 tablespoons cooked mashed sweet potato or 5 tablespoons winter squash
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt or 1⁄2 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ginger (more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Beat honey and molasses 5 minutes. Add yogurt, egg white and sweet potato and beat until well mixed.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add wet to dry and mix thoroughly but minimally.
- Pour into a square pan or round cake pan sprayed lightly with Pam.
- Bake in a 350 F oven, 30 minutes or until knife/toothpick inserted in center.
- comes out clean. Start watching it early - when it starts to brown it's probably becoming overcooked.