Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Very tasty and tender elk--as long as it is not overcooked. The sauce is very simple and does not take away the elk flavor.
- Mix brown sugar and margarine (butter) in small microwave cooking dish.
- Heat slowly until well mixed together (stir every minute).
- After the brown sugar is well mixed, let cool for a couple minutes and add the catsup to the brown sugar and margarine (butter).
- Place elk steaks on broiler pan; cot the top side of elk steaks.
- Be sure to preheat the broiler oven and then place in closed oven for about 4-5 minutes, depending on how you like the steak (rare, medium-rare, medium, medium-well, or well). I think it is better to cook them for shorter period for tenderness.
- After one side is cooked to satisfaction, turn and coat other side and repeat.
- Then eat and enjoy.