Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
These cupcakes are the absolute best cupcakes you will ever eat. They are a little sweet though ; )
- 1 1⁄8 cups all-purpose flour
- 7⁄8 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 5⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup shortening (crisco is best)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon honey
- Set oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour with sugar, baking powder and salt until combined.
- Add in the shortening cream or milk, vanilla, honey, almond extract, and eggs; beat on medium speed of an electric mixer scraping the bowl constantly until just blended (the batter will be thick, if desired you may add in a few more tablespoons cream or milk).
- Pour into paper-lined regular size muffin tins filling under just three-quarters full.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until the cupcakes test done (do not overbake as they will be dry).
- Immediately remove from pans.
- Cool completely before frosting.