Recipe by Suzanne S.
These come from a recipe I found in Family Fun magazine of all places! They are absolutely delicious!
- 6 -8 slices firm white bread
- 3 scallions, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 12 -13 ounces crabmeat
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning (I used Old Bay)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons butter, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the crusts from the bread. Cut into cubes. Put 1 1/2 cups into large mixing bowl and set the rest aside.
- Add scallions, bell pepper, parsley, dill and crabmeat to bowl and toss to combine.
- In a small mixing bowl, lightly beat egg. Add mayo, mustard, seafood seasoning, Worcestershire and salt. Whisk well to blend. Pour into crab mixture, and stir until mixture clumps together.
- Make into patties and roll into reserved bread crumbs to coat, chill for 1-2 hours.
- Fry patties in butter over medium heat, for about 4 minutes per side.