Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my own cottage cheese dip which was inspired by Mom's Dip and is a kind of home-made ranch type dip. I made it for a party and served it with cherry tomatoes, carrot sticks and cucumber sticks. It went down very well. Note that it should be made a few hours in advance so that the flavours will blend well.
- 200 g cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried celery flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon taco seasoning or 1⁄4 teaspoon Mexican seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chopped tomato (peeled and seeded)
- Blend together in a small food processor and chill for at least two hours before serving with raw vegetables or crackers.