Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
An easy casserole dish I found in the Taste of Home Casserole cookbook, originally from Vicki Good. I adapted it to suite my family's tastes.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning (1 package)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cornbread mix
- 1⁄3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese or 1⁄3 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- After cooking and draining the ground beef, add the onions, tomato sauce, corn, water, and taco seasoning.
- Spoon into a greased 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Prepare the corn bread according to the package directions. Pour over the beef mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until the cornbread is done.
- Top with cheese and bake 5 more minutes to melt the cheese.
Oh so good! I made it exactly as stated and everybody loved it and had seconds. Will make this one again. Thanks for a winner!
For this easy go-to recipe, I used 1 1/4 pounds ground meat, almost double the onions, and an 8" square dish for baking. My family was rewarded with a quick, but satisfying weeknight meal. Thank you for sharing! Made for PAC Fall 2009.
This is really good! I added more onions before cooking the meat (instead of after), and added the cheese after cooking (instead of before) but followed the other directions. I recommend this as something different than regular old tacos!