Recipe by MommaEllen
An easy casserole dish I found in the Taste of Home Casserole cookbook, originally from Vicki Good. I adapted it to suite my family's tastes.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning (1 package)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cornbread mix
- 1⁄3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese or 1⁄3 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- After cooking and draining the ground beef, add the onions, tomato sauce, corn, water, and taco seasoning.
- Spoon into a greased 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Prepare the corn bread according to the package directions. Pour over the beef mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until the cornbread is done.
- Top with cheese and bake 5 more minutes to melt the cheese.