Recipe by yogi
From the Ayurvedic cookbook. So delicious and easy! Can be made spicy or milder depending on the curry powder you use.
Top Review by JDeMarois
I love the simplicity of this recipe- I seem to make it when I don't feel like going to the store because I already have everything on hand. I have not been adding the salt, the coriander and other spices add enough flavor that it isn't necessary. Tasty and filling!
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or other)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 ripe tomatoes, chopped (can use more if you like)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, mild or hot
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric