Recipe by CarbFiend
The tastes in this recepie blend really well. My husband loved it and gave it an "A+". I got it from kraft.com, and it says it's low fat and low calories, but I don't know the actual numbers.
- 3 cups medium egg noodles, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup light reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced red pepper
- 1 cup halved onion, slices
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles as directed on package. Drain and set aside.
- Mix dressing and lemon peel.
- Heat 1/4 C of the dressing mixture in a large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chicken. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, turning and adding extra dressing mixture if necessary. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Add remaining dressing mixture and vegetables to skillet; cook on medium heat 5 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Serve vegetable mixture and chicken over noodles. Sprinkle with cheese.