Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
Easy, tasty puff pastry crust chicken pie recipe I found on the internet.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons French onion soup mix or 1 (39 g) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2 cups hot water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups frozen French-cut green beans (thawed)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease 8"x11" casserole dish.
- Make filling -.
- Coat chicken with flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in large pan over med. high heat.
- Add minced garlic and saute 2-3 min.; saute chicken in small batches until browned; set aside in bowl.
- Add mushrooms, saute until tender.
- Make sauce -.
- In separate bowl stir french onion soup into hot water.
- Add soup and cream cheese to pan with mushrooms.
- Stir until cream cheese is completely dissolved.
- Add chicken to pan with any juice; cook, stirring 5-6 minute or until sauce starts to thicken, remove from heat.
- Put it all together -.
- Spread thawed green beans in the bottom of greased casserole dish; spread 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese over beans; cover with chicken mixture; spread remaining 3/4 cup cheddar cheese over top.
- Unroll 6 Pillsbury grand crescent rolls, place on top of chicken mixture over lapping slightly.
- Use 2 remaining crescent rolls to make an edge crust or cut onto shapes and decorate the top.
- Brush crust with beaten egg.
- Bake 18 - 20 minute Crust should be golden brown, not burnt. Cool 10 minute and serve.