Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
A main meal or appetiser. Take your pick. Can prepare them ahead of time till step 4. Cover and refrigerate, bake just before serving
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 100 g butter or 100 g margarine, melted
- lemon wedge
- Cut the chicken into cubes (4 cm) Mix the breadcrumbs, cheese, salt, thyme and basil.
- Spread the mixture on a plate.
- Dip the chicken cubes in the melted butter.
- Coat with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Arrange the cubes in a single row on a baking tin which is lined with foil.
- Bake in a preheated oven (200C) for around 8 mins and serve with lemon wedges.
I made this recipe, and it is simply wonderful!! I found it in Taste of Home, and then again on here. I was out of bread crumbs, so my DD and I toasted some bread until it was pretty dry. Then we pureed it. Worked like a charm. These are simply irresitable!
I made these last nite, and DH thought they were great! We had them as an appetizer, but they can easily be the main entree. The only difference in the way I made them was instead of dipping them in butter, I sprayed the chicken nuggets with Pam before coating them with the breadcrumb mixture. I am sure if I used butter they would have been even better, but since I am trying to cut the fat, this was perfect! DH wants me to make these for our block party next month, and I will use the butter then!
This was a well received appetizer at my annual pool party/BBQ! I followed your directions verbatim, then served with a sweet store-bought plum sauce & savoury Honey Mustard (recipe #68596) for dipping. Thanx Fay!