Recipe by tkclark624
I came up with this variation based on a dish my grandmother used to make - this is a great one-dish meal that will please the whole family. Once you try it a few times, you can get creative and add some of your favorite ingredients. You can cut the cooking time by using frozen chicken patties as indicated in the recipe below. It is also delicious when made with leftover ham and cream of mushroom soup.
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I made this on 2/10/12 for the " Cooking From The Pantry " event in the " Canning /Dehydrating Forum ",and most importantly mine and my SO's dinner. Since it was just my SO and myself, the recipe the recipe was cut in half.And I did make some changes to the recipe and they are as follows,instead of using the suggested chicken, leftovers from Recipe#130569 were used. First, the onions and garlic were cooked together in the oil then I added the chicken and stirred long enough to warm it through and to give it a bit of crust.Since neither one of us cares too much for mushrooms, they were left out. I had some leftovers peas to use up, so those were used.
To us the taste was pretty good. But next time I think that I might add a bit of Parmesan cheese to the top befrore serving.Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
- 2 lbs any type boneless skinless chicken (for a super quick substitute, use frozen, breaded or unbreaded, chicken patties instead)
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk (use more or less according to your preferred consistency)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces canned mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, heat water to a boil.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken thoroughly using 1 tablespoon of heated oil and remove.
- In the same skillet, heat olive oil (add more if necessary) on medium high heat then add mushrooms, onion, and garlic and cook until onions are transparent and drain.
- Cut cooked chicken into bite sized pieces and add chicken, soup, milk, peas, and black pepper to the mushroom mixture and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cook noodles according to package then drain and rinse.
- Add noodles to chicken mixture and serve with biscuits or rolls.