Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I had left over chicken from the night before and I didn't feel like doing too much work for dinner so I threw a few things together and got this yummy dish.
- 1 large idaho potato (microwaved until cooked and shredded or you could use 1-11/2 cups frozen hash browns)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (or any other cream of anything soup)
- 0.5 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn
- 0.5 (15 1/4 ounce) can sweet peas
- 5 baby carrots, cooked and cut into small slices
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite size peices
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt, less if your chicken is already seasoned
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9x9 inch casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl mix together all ingredients and then spoon into dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until everything is completely heated.
- You could top with refrigerated biscuits or even make a pot pie out of this. I would have but I didn't have enough flour to make pie crust.
- I also used the left over corn and peas as a side for this because I don't like to waist.
- You could also use frozen mixed veggies to make this a bit more easy. Again, I would have but I didn't have that on hand.
- Enjoy! :).
Put this together so quickly & delivered it to a neighbor as A GREAT COMFORT FOOD that it is! I used the idaho potato, but didn't peel it, just shredded it all! Also used cream of celery soup along with frozen corn & frozen peas & went on from there! My friends were very pleased with this casserole & asked if I'd make it for them again sometime (I cook for them off & on throughout the year), so you've earned the stars! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]