Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This recipe came from Alma Lee Alexander in Idaho
Top Review by loof
Wonderful cheese ball! I used sharp cheddar; found it a little tricky to grate the soft Havarti but loved the flavor it added. I don't have a food processor so just mixed very well by hand. Great flavor and texture - thanks for sharing a keeper!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 lb havarti cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped (approx.)
- cracker (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, blend all the cheeses together until creamy and smooth.
- Add the pepper and garlic salt and mix until blended.
- Form the cheese into a ball and place on a plate covered with wax paper.
- Chill until firm.
- To Serve, press the pecans into the ball and place the ball on the serving try with your favorite crackers.