Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great crunchy nibble, the parmesian flavour and the roasted sesame seeds give it a teriffic taste, with it literally melting in your mouth, serve with pre dinner drinks Quick and easy to make Freezes well
- 3 puff pastry sheets
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 -4 tablespoons sesame seeds, dry roasted
- 6 teaspoons mixed Italian herbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- Pre heat the oven to 210c. beat the egg and glaze the pastry, sprinkle the cheese evenly over the pastry, then the Italian herbs, followed by a good sprinkling of the roasted sesame seeds.
- Cut into finger lengths and place on a cookie tray and bake in the oven 7-10 minutes until puffed up and golden.
- Note: You can roast the sesame seeds yourself by using a medium saucepan, and heating it and covering the base with the sesame seeds, constantly shake and stir as they wil brown very quickly, tip onto a kitchen towel and spread out to cool.
Haven't actually made them but had the pleasure of eating them at Joys and they are just so moorish you want to keep snacking on them and having made similar they are one of easiest things to make and a great way to use up pastry left overs as well. Thanks Joy for a great treat.
I was lucky enough to be at Joy's home when she served these delicious little nibbles. Simple to make, but hard to stop eating.....