Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This will warm your body from the inside on a cold Sunday afternoon.
- 1 3⁄4 cups self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup grated cheese (preferrably tasty)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped ham
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley (if available)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 85 g butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in cheese, ham and parsley.
- Mix together egg, milk and melted butter and add to flour mixture.
- Stir gently together with fork until ingredients are just moistened.
- (Do not beat).
- (Mixture will appear slightly lumpy).
- Divide batter evenly between a greased 12 cup muffin tray.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm with or without butter.